According to a paper published in the Columbia Journal of Gender and Law, the non-consensual removal of a condom during sex, a.k.a. ‘Stealthing’, is gaining popularity amongst online groups, Reddit threads, and forums. According to a lot of women, this behavior can easily be categorized as “sexually abusive”, “rape-adjacent” and a “grave violation of dignity…” Reason being? The overwhelming fear of unwanted pregnancy, STDs, HIV, and AIDS, mixed with confusion, betrayal, and shame is strikingly similar to that of a victim dealing with sexual violence. That, and having the agency of choice being taken, forcibly, out of your hands. Since there’s such a raging debate about this across the interwebs, we asked 8 Indian men to weigh in on this now-trending topic and here’s what they had to say…
1. “I’m not as badass as you think I’m, especially when it comes to taking risks in bed” — Karan, 27
2. “Haven’t ever done that. In my mind, it has always got to be consensual. And, yes it would totally be violating my partner and breaking her trust…” — Amit, 26
3. “Never done it, man. Although have thought of doing it (if I’m being totally honest)” — Rahul, 28
4. “Is this even a serious thing? Any dickhead who does that should be ashamed of his dick and his head…” — Shyam, 29
5. “Damn disgusting!” — Arjun, 24
6. “I believe this is some dumb shit some woman on the internet has cooked up!” — Sebastian, 33
7. “Have never done it. My sexual encounters have always been consensual. Although it can be violating because one doesn’t know if the guy is clean or disease-free (HIV, STD etc) or has no self-control which might result in an unwanted pregnancy.” — Kunal, 26
8. “I wouldn’t call it a violation but I’ve done it once. Only because I didn’t have a condom on me! Though, she did realize it after a minute or two, but never really cared. For the record, she’s my horniest catch yet, lol.” – Karl, 26
Article from: RELATIONSHIPS, by Mr. Batliwala
Read more here.
Love senior singles dating guides? continue reading here.